Add a little colour this independence day with these sour cream cupcakes with tri coloured whipped butter cream frosting.
Little Independence day cupcakes!Add a little colour this independence day with these sour cream cupcakes with tri coloured whipped butter cream frosting.Sunanda Sharma
Heavy Whipping Cream
- For the base:
Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Cream the butter. Add sugar until light and fluffy and atleast doubled in volume (about 5-10 mins).
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add milk, sour cream and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just mixed. Do not overbeat.
- Divide the mixture into 3 parts. Add green, orange colour to two of them and keep the third as is.
- In a muffin pan, add a spoon of green batter, then the white batter and then finally the orange batter. Do not fill more than 2/3 of the pan. Repeat for all moulds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the frosting:
Cream the butter. Add the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy and light. Add vanilla essence and whipping cream and beat until soft peaks.
- Divide the frosting into 3 parts and add orange, green to two and keep the third as is. Fill three piping bags with these frostings. Flatten all of them slightly. Cut the piping bags above an inch from the tip very gently so the batter does not ooze out.
- Take a new piping bag and fit a star (or any desired) nozzle into it. Insert the three piping bags into the bag fitted with the nozzle very gently. Try and test on a plate.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes. Serve.