So what do you do when you have some Chocolate Lava cake's batter leftover? I bake designer marble cakes! :D I halved the recipe of the base of Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake and added chocolate batter to make a marble cake. Who can resist a pretty, chocolatey thing like this! :D
- Measure half of these ingredients.
- Butter and dust with flour, an 8 inch round pan. You can also fill it in muffin cups (reduce the cooking time to half if doing so)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Sift and keep aside.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffly.
- Add eggs and egg whites one by one and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately and fold until well incorporated .
- If you do no have a leftover chocolate batter, you can divide the complete batter (without halving ingredients) into two. Add about 50 gms of cocoa powder to one and keep the other as is.
- Add the vanilla base to the pan. Add the chocolate batter on top and give a swirl any which way you like :)
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for about 30 mins. Do check at 20 min to see if it is cooked, as cooking time might differ in your oven. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.